SCHEME FOR NATURALISATION OF INVESTORS IN CYPRUS
Requirements and Conditions
1 .Fast track procedure: Approval will be issued within approximately 3 months.
2 . A € 2 million (plus vat if any) – Investment in a single Residence. A single property to be used as a residence at a minimum value of € 2 million (plus VAT if any). The residence must be retained by the investors for a period of 3 years. After 3 years the Investor has the right to sell his/her property and buy another one at a minimum value of €500,000 (plus VAT if any)..
3. A €2 million (plus Vat if any) Investment in a selection of Residential Properties, out of which one property is to be used as a privately-owned permanent residence of a minimum value of €500,000 (plus VAT if any). The remaining € 1.5 million can be invested in a range of residential properties only, which may be resold after 3 years.
4. The parent’s of the investor may apply for citizenship aﬅer the investor had acquired the Cypriot citizenship. They need to hold a permanent privately owned residence in the Republic of Cyprus , the purchase price of which must be at least €500.000 (plus VAT if any).
5. It is noted the investor and his/ her parents may collectively acquire a residence , provided that the total of this home – property is at least €1.000.000 (plus VAT if any).
6.The applicant, prior to his/her naturalization as a Cypriot citizen must hold a residence permit in Cyprus.If the applicant does not already hold a residence permit, he/she may apply for an immigration permit on the basis of Regulation 6(2) of the Aliens and Immigration Law, simultaneously with the application for naturalization.
7. Any property/ ies purchased during the past 3 years, can also be included in the required investment amount.
8. The program applies to the immediate family of the applicant i.e the spouse and dependent children up to the age of 28 if full time university students.
9. Applicants must hold a clear criminal record from the country of origin and the country of residence (if different).
10. No requirement to physically reside in Cyprus, before/ after approval.
You can travel, live, work and study anywhere in the European Economic Area.
( European Union, Iceland, Liechtenstein and Switzerland )
None of the above affect the absolute discretion of the Council of Ministers in taking a Decision.